-One-

"When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important." -Ellen DeGeneres

One of the things I love most about myself is how spontaneous I am. I'm always willing to try something once, sometimes I love it and sometimes I really hate it, but I always put myself out there and try something new.

For instance, this past weekend I went to Ichiban Sushi and tried sushi for my very first time--I get it, I'm behind on the sushi trend, my cousin Amy has told me repeatedly and since I'm a trendy guy, I like to keep up with the latest popular fads. But fish, in general, freaks me out. It doesn't matter if it's cooked or uncooked, I just don't like the thought of it. Imagining swallowing a bone or even thinking about the taste of fish grosses me out, but on Saturday I decided to give it a shot and guess what! I actually enjoyed it! If you go, I recommend the Park City roll.

Speaking of new and exciting things, I recently flew to New York to meet a guy for the first time. Crazy, right? As many of you know, I'm easily overwhelmed when it comes to taking such huge risks and flying by myself counts as a big deal to me. The thing that stressed me out most was the layover. Have you ever missed a flight because of a layover? Well, I haven't and I didn't want to! I was so stressed out that I felt like I was annoying everyone around me because I kept talking about it. 

I'm kind of a control freak by nature and I just don't handle not having control of my transportation very well--if I could have flown the plane, I would have flown it myself! By the time I landed in JFK and got to my gate, I realized I was acting like a hot mess and that forty minutes was plenty of time. I know that flying comes easily to some people but now, because I took that chance, I feel more comfortable traveling alone than I thought I would and I'd do it again.

These experiences might not be huge, and I could go on and on about the things I've done, but they just reminded me that trying new things is fun, a little bit scary, and exciting and I really want more moments like them. Now I can say I'm ready for that next date or new restaurant. I'm ready to explore and I'm ready to learn more about myself and the things I am capable of. Join me. Make suggestions. I'd love to hear about things you love to do that I haven't, I may even try them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment