"Anyone can hide; it's the easiest thing to do. Standing up, facing the truth, and working through problems, that's what makes you strong." -Unknown
There's something I've been hiding for a long time. Something some of you already know or have suspected, and I've finally come to terms with it enough to let my "secret" out. It's something that some of you might accept, some of you might deny it, and some of you might even end up hating me for it--but it's also something I'm tired of hiding.
I'm gay.
I've known it for years and it doesn't change who I am--I'm still the same person--and I hope this doesn't change the way you think or feel about me, but I can't keep living a lie. I've been out to most my friends and all of my immediate family for a couple years already and have waited for the right time for me to tell everyone else.
I've been so scared of the way everyone else perceives me, and the disappointment they might feel when they learn that I can't be what they want, that I've lost my sense of self-worth and drive in pursuing my own happiness. I've resisted telling some very close people in my life because others have told me not to talk about it or mention it. But now it's time that I did something for me.
It does scare me what you might think, but I hope that this will be a place where I can come to talk about my life and not be judged and where you can come to share in my experiences.
I've started this blog because I want you all to know the real me. This will not be about just another gay guy writing about being gay, I just want you to see me for who I am as a whole and not just the public face I show everyone. I want to tell you about funny dates I've been on, funny shows I've seen, or the latest thing that happened at work or with my friends. I also want to be able to be serious with everyone too.
I just want you to be a part of my life.
I just want you to be a part of my life.
First post will be out beginning of next week.
I am truly thankful for those who have been a positive influence in my life with this decision and direction I have taken.
You don't know me. I know your mother and her family. I appreciate your honesty and courage. I hope you've been loved.
ReplyDeleteHey Brady! I know we haven't talked in a really long time, but I still keep up with your social media from time to time. Today I stumbled on your instagram and clicked on this blog link. I am so happy that I did! I want you to know, I am so proud of you! I don't know how much that means, but as someone who is very close and involved in the LGBT community, I know the struggle. It took my brother 20 years to come out to us all. It's not the easiest thing to do, but I know how relieved you must be. I loved all your entries and I'll be checking back for more! Stay true to yourself! Much love! -Victoria
ReplyDelete